Energy Savings Tips
- Install a programmable thermostat to save on both cooling and heating costs.
- Periodically replace air filters for your air conditioners and heating systems, clean air vents regularly and make sure drapes or furniture does not block any of the vents or returns.
- Use your window shades. Close them on sunny summer days and open the shades in the winter to allow the sunlight to help heat your rooms.
- Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics not in use. Consider using a smart power strip, which reduces your power usage by shutting down power to products that go into standby mode.
- Run bathroom vent fans after a shower. They're great at getting rid of humid air.
- Change to new and improved energy-efficient LEDs for your lighting.
- Purchase new appliances and other consumer products that have the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Use adequate insulation in your attic, ceilings, walls, floors and crawlspaces. Seal air leaks with caulk and use weather stripping around exterior doors and windows.
Energy Efficiency Information
Ameren Illinois offers energy efficiency programs, incentives and rebates - for both commercial and residential customers.
You can start managing your energy usage. Begin today.